To become a center of information and data services to support the integrity of classical Islamic science.
- To provide and deliver a variety of academic data processing services, student affairs, staffing, finance, education, research and community service.
- To improve abilities and skills of academic community in the field of information technology.
- To maintain cooperation and partnership in both internal campus and external campus.
Main Tasks :
Information Technology and Data Center has the main task to manage and develop information technology systems and data and information services within the Institute.
- To plan the development of technology and information systems.
- To collect and process data and information.
- To develop data and information service standards.
- To develop, provide and manage the application of information system.
- To organize data center, E-learning and distance learning.
- To increase cooperation between institutions based on technology and information systems.
|Head||Drs. AHMAD SYAFII, M.H.|
|Information System||ARIF RACHMAT, S.Kom.|
|Networking & Infrastructure||ANAS, A.Md.TI.|
A Brief Glance of History:
Information technology services began to be felt in 2006 with the existence of Computer Laboratory as a place of computer service. Based on the Decree of the Minister of Religious Affairs No. 67 of 2008 dated June 20, 2008 on Statute of STAIN Datokarama Palu, Computer Center is one of the technical implementation units in the field of information system development, education and computer services for the academic community. In its development, Computer Center has been renamed to Information and Data Technology Center as stipulated in Regulation of the Minister of Religious Affairs No. 92 of 2013 dated 29 November 2013 on Organization and Working Procedure of IAIN Palu. Sections 61 and 62 of the letter b contains Information and Data Technology Center as a supporting element in the organization of education within the institute. Information and Data Technology Center is headed by a chief appointed by the Rector, under and responsible to the Vice Rector for General Administration, Planning and Finance [Article 64 paragraph (2)].
Information and Data Technology Center is one of the technical implementation units to get strategic duty to be the front line in IT support line up support to support education management and organizational governance. Therefore, efforts should be made to improve the effective, efficient, fast, easy, accurate, safe, integrated and accountable service. One of the ways is through service automation system by utilizing information technology.
Besides providing computer training, Information and Data Technology Center, also provides registration of hotspots and Student Internet services. Hotspot registration is conducted by setting the laptop/mobile to be able to login to the hotspot for lecturers, staffs, and students.
The following is the official hierarchy from the first period to the present:
- Drs. Askar, M.Pd (2006 - 2008)
- Drs. Sidik Ibrahim, M.Ag (2008-2010)
- Drs. Ahmad Syahid, M.Pd (2010-2011)
- Drs. Ahmad Syafii, MH (2011 - present)
Official Site http://ptid.iainpalu.ac.id